Medicom Toys’ MAFEX line is going head to head with Bandai’s S.H. Figuarts line with their very own 1/12 scale Mark 44 (AKA Hulkbuster) based on its appearance in Avengers: Age of Ultron. MAFEX looks like it’s going to try and one up S.H. Figuarts in almost every aspect starting with its height of approximately 270mm putting it slightly taller than Bandai’s version at 250mm. It’s also got an awesome feature where it looks like the head and top armor can be moved to reveal Iron Man himself inside. If that’s not enough, it’s also priced very competitively at 27,500JPY compared to Bandai’s 34,560JPY list price. Articulation looks to be about the same for both although it’s not known if MAFEX’s will have light up features or die-cast which the S.H. Figuarts’ version has. MAFEX Hulkbuster will be released in September 2016.
Mondo is releasing a 16-inch Iron Giant deluxe figure based on the titular giant robot from the movie. Here’s the description from the figure’s product page where you can preorder it for $299USD:
The Iron Giant Deluxe Figure is the most highly detailed Iron Giant collectible to date! Created using the actual digital files used in the film, the figure features over 30 points of articulation, two interchangeable heads with a light up feature, magnetic “S” that can be detached from its sign and attached to his chest, switch-out “War Arm,” Hogarth mini-figure, and a girder to munch on! In addition to this, the figure also includes a sound feature, with Iron Giant quotes from the film!
IO9 has an article with more details about the figure and awesome clip of Iron Giant director Brad Bird gushing over the figure.
Mondo’s Iron Giant is expected to ship 3rd Quarter of 2015.
Hot Toys has updated their website showing off their upcoming 1/6 scale Captain America based on his appearance in Avengers: Age of Ultron. I must say this is probably my favorite version of his suit so far and way better than the one he wore in the first Avengers movie. Aside from the new suit, it looks like Cap’s shield got a bit of an upgrade as well. No longer does it have the straps to wrap around his arm. It’s now just a retractable handle and some magnets that keep it in place. I wonder if this reflects on the film. I can totally see Stark making this upgrade as he looks to be bankrolling the Avengers now after S.H.I.E.L.D.’s collapse.
From Hot Toys’ product page:
The 1/6th scale Captain America Collectible Figure specially features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Chris Evans as Captain America in Avengers: Age of Ultron
– Newly painted helmeted head sculpt
– Newly painted unhelmeted head sculpt
– Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
– Body with over 30 points of articulations
– Approximately 31 cm tall
– Magnets embedded in figure’s forearms and back for holding shield
– Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:
– One (1) pair of relaxed palms
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of shield holding palms with magnets
– One (1) shield throwing right palm
– One (1) shield catching left palm
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) blue embossed patterned uniform with star emblem and red and white patterns
– One (1) pair of blue embossed patterned pants with pouches, knee pads, and red trims
– One (1) brown leather-like back shield holder and body strap
– One (1) brown leather-like belt with pouches
– One (1) pair of black and brown boots
– One (1) magnetic metal circular red and blue Captain America shield with retractable handles
– One (1) 1/6th scale Captain America helmet
– Specially-designed figure stand with Captain America nameplate and the movie logo
ThreeA has announced their next figure in their Transformers line and it’s none other than Deception leader Megatron based on his appearance in the third movie, Dark of The Moon. Pre-orders will be going up at www.bambalandstore.com on January 30 at the hefty 430USD. You do seem to get a lot for your money though just by looking at the images.
More specs and info from ThreeA:
Figure Stands 18.5-Inches (47cm) Tall
Fully Posable With Over 70 Points of Articulation, Including Articulated Fingers
Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application
Featuring Realistic Weathering Effect
Metal Chains Wrapped Around Torso
Brute Shotgun Weapon Included
LED Light-Up Feature on Eyes
BAMBALAND EXCLUSIVE EDITION INCLUDES
Matrix Of Leadership Accessory
Tattered and Weathered Cloth Cloak
Materials Used – ABS, PVC, POM
Requires AG1 X 3 Button Cell Batteries (Batteries Not Included)